Pages

Coconut Red Lentil Soup Recipe

Coconut Red Lentil Soup Recipe-
Rating-* * * * *
I made this soup for our JWLW cooking club and it was amazing! I doubled the recipe and added chicken breast to the bottom of a crock pot with the rest of the recipe on top, sans curry cause I was worried about the kids at the last minute, and instead used Bragg's dry seasoning, garlic and onion powder. Right before serving I shredded the chicken breast with a fork. And this was the best lentil soup yet. It is going in our regular rotation for lentil soup with out a doubt. The red lentils also made it extra pretty. The author suggested serving it with rice. While my children and siblings love rice, my husband and I are not too fond of rice. And with myself being diabetic, I want to enjoy any starch I choose to consume. So I served this with quinoa in place of the rice, and it was a real winner. I think next time I will cook the quinoa in coconut milk as well. The coconut milk is what really made all the difference in this Lentil soup being special. All five stars with out a doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment